It’s Day 273 of the Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose Project and a Goodwill find has me inspired to post about how to decorate with vintage plates. This weekend, after Zumba and lunch, my Soul Sister Kibby and I hit one of our favorite jaunts – the Goodwill store. We utilize a “Divide and Conquer” approach with Kibby scouring out fashion finds while I score vintage decor. Kibby spied some Calvin Klein boots that are perfect for me. I’d been looking for some black ones since my booties are showing wear and tear. Now I have new ones that are stylish for a song. As much as I love them, I’m equally enamored with a Royal Albert “The Lord’s Prayer” vintage plate. It’s so pretty that I wanted to show you how you incorporate inexpensive vintage plates into your home or office decor.
How to Decorate with Vintage Plates
- Search antique and thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets for vintage plates.
- Shop TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, and Home Goods for vintage inspired plates.
- Look for plates with colors, motifs, and Scripture verses or sayings you love.
- Group similar plates in the same room for maximum impact.
- Hang plates using plate display adhesive, hangers or racks that can be purchased at craft, hardware, home, or discount stores such as Walmart.
- Place plates on acrylic, iron or wooden plate holders.
As a Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose decorating enthusiastic, sometimes I like just getting back to the blogging basics. I’ve always wanted to have my home and decor displayed in magazines. That was before blogging opened the “online magazine” possibility up to any of us who have the desire to share with the Web community. If you’ve found your way to my little corner of it, I hope rather than reaching for a painting or tchotchke to fill a space, you’re inspired to add some savvy & chic style to your home or office. Vintage plates are a great way to decorate!
Be savvy & chic,
~Pink Collar Coach