It’s Day 251 of the Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose Project, and since I had to bite the bullet and buy new makeup this weekend, I thought it would be fun to do a round up of what’s in my beauty bag. Truthfully, I’m pretty frugal with purchasing makeup, partly because I try to be a good steward of my resources, and partly because it’s just plain old expensive! That being the case, I usually use every eyeliner and mascara until they’re dry and eke each and every drop out of foundation, lipstick, and powder. But at a certain point, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do! Besides, being down to the bare minimum, new makeup – waterproof where I could get it – was an investment for teaching Zumba. You’ve heard of the ugly cry, right? Well, the ugly sweat applies to me! Raccoon eyes that sting and turn red from irritation after my makeup runs into them is not a pretty sight! So, budget conscious as I am, I put my Kroger Plus grocery card to use and saved a bundle on my fave: Maybelline beauty supplies. Now my beauty bag is fully stocked with the following:
What’s In My Beauty Bag (Left to right, then middle)
- Master Precise Skinny Gel Pencil/Crayon Gel in Defining Black – Goes on easily and is perfect for a subtle cat eye. I also use it to softly fill in my brows. It’s waterproof!
- Pumped Up! Colossal Volum’ Express Hydrofudge Waterproof in Very Black – As I age, my lashes are not as thick. This plumps them up and lengthens with no clumping.
- Color Tattoo Eye Chrome in Gilded Rose – This eyeshadow is a new one for me and it delivers on its promise to stay on all day. The pink is pretty & there are lots of other color options.
- Fit Me! Foundation – #310/Sun Beige – As a fairer skinned woman of color, until I found this, matching my skin tone was impossible! It also has an SPF of 18. Once you find your fit, you just stick with it and go up or down a shade for summer or winter if needed.
- Fit Me! Pressed Powder – #310/Sun Beige – Yep! The powder #s match the foundation, thus eliminating guesswork. It’s also matte + poreless.
- Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Gilded Rose Gold – If you’re like me and don’t enjoy using makeup brushes, this can be applied to the cheeks and bridge of nose with your fingers. And I love that the tones complement the above eye color.
- Color Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up – Perfect for a natural day look with just a hint of rose pink. So many shades to chose from!
- O.P.I. Nail Lacquer in Otherwise Engaged – Though this wasn’t a new purchase, I always keep the color I’m wearing on hand for a quick touch up. Your makeup can be flawless but chipped nails destroy your polished look – Pun intended! ; )
- Indestructible Nail File (pink of course) – Jagged nails detract from your sharp appearance – Again, I couldn’t help myself! ; )
- Calvin Klein Makeup Bag – I’ve had this for about five years. It’s showing wear and tear, so I hope it will hold up until I find one I love as much to replace it. Corralling all of your beauty items in one spot means you always have everything you need to put your best face forward!
As a Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose Image Coach, I hope you’ve enjoyed this round up of what’s in my beauty bag.
And If you want to be Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose and maximize your beauty so you can live your best personal and professional life, please schedule a complimentary image coaching assessment by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org with Image Coaching in the subject line.
Be savvy & chic,
~Pink Collar Coach