It’s Day 215 of the Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose Project and I just baked some Pink Collar Savvy & Chic Christmas cookies for my writing group’s party. We were asked to provide copies of the recipe, so I’m blogging and including it here since I won’t get home until late. It’s been a crazy busy week with the fast approach of the January 20th release date for my debut novel, Seasons of Her Soul. With that and other professional and personal obligations pressing, baking from scratch wasn’t an option…Inspired by one of my favorite movies for working moms, I Don’t Know How She Does It, I tore a page from Sarah Jessica Parker’s book and got a little help from Pillsbury. Using their frozen cookie dough and can icing, I improvised and made the cookies my own. Here’s the recipe:
Pink Collar Savvy & Chic Christmas Cookies
- Purchase enough rolls of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough for the number of cookies you need (1 roll yields a dozen 1/2 inch cookies).
- Purchase enough cans of Pillsbury Funfetti icing in your preferred color (1 can covers about 3 dozen cookies)
- Follow the directions for round or shaped cookies.
- Once cooled, ice the cookies, leaving enough room between so icing doesn’t stick.
- Sprinkle lightly with matching or coordinating sprinkles depending desired look.
- Refrigerate the cookies for at least one hour so icing can set.
- Transfer to a holiday plate or tin.
As a Pink Collar Savvy & Chic on Purpose Chick who believes you don’t have to do everything from scratch, you can still be creative and make items your family, friends and co-workers will enjoy. I hope this inspires you for your gatherings at home or the office. After all, thanks to Pillsbury, we can all be Pink Collar Savvy & Chic with our Christmas cookies (no matter the color icing and sprinkles you choose!).
Be savvy & chic,
~Pink Collar Coach